Mauro Pietro Gandini
- Born in 1971 in Milan, Italy.
- Graduated in 1994 at the European Institute of Design (IED) in Milan as an illustrator, starting to work in ‘93 at the best advertising agencies in Milan.
- At the same time, he carried on with his passion for sculpture, and in this field he collaborated with various companies to create pre-production prototypes; as such, he created three-dimensional models commissioned by various large international companies (Hanna&Barbera, Warner, Saban, Kinder/Ferrero, etc.)
- In 1999, he created - along with some other sculptors - the maquettes for the characters of the animated film “Johan Padan a la descoverta de le Americhe”, adapted from a novel by Nobel prize winner Dario Fo.
- In 2000 he was awarded, on the occasion of the annual meeting of employees held in Disneyland Paris, the Golder Mickey for best Disney artist for the best licensing project of 1999, conceived with Eloisa Scichilone, his collaborator since 1997.
- In 2002, he participated in the founding of French publishing house Les éditions du Café, for which he is the official sculptor, creating numerous statues for them designed for the Franco-Belgian collectors’ market.
- Since 2003, he has been part of the teaching faculty at the International Institute of Fashion: the Marangoni Institute in Milan, where he teaches a course on Digital Design.
- in 2007, he started to work with the fledgling Italian collectible statue producer, Infinite Statue